CDSS Licensing Process
- You will be required to review and understand the following documents in order to qualify for a Saskatchewan dental license.
- - CDSS Professional Practice Standard (coming soon)
- - CDSS Specific Standards (coming soon)
- - CDSS Practice of Dentistry Clinic Facilities Standard
- - CDSS Radiation Standard
- - CDSS Good Character Standard
- - CDSS Informed Consent Standard
- - CDSS Advertising Standard
- - SOHP IPC Standard
- - CDSS Standard Supervision of Allied Staff
- - CDSS Policy on the Ownership of a Dental Practice
- - CDSS Sedation Guidelines
- - The CDSS Bylaws (coming soon)
- - The Dental Disciplines Act, 1997
II. All applicants must read and sign the CDSS Good Character Standard in order to license in Saskatchewan. Please include the signed document when you submit your application.
III. All applicants must submit a completed application form.
CDSPI insurance application for Summer Student Practitioner Program
X. Incorporation Information
In December 2001, the College’s Bylaw amendments respecting incorporation were approved. The Minister of Justice at that time designated dentistry as a profession under "The Professional Corporations Act".
In order to assist our members who wish to pursue the avenue of incorporation, we are providing the required forms which will need to be accurately completed and submitted to the College office with the required fees.
Accordingly the following fees will be applicable:
- Initial application fee for registration as a professional corporation - $500.00
- Annual fee for professional corporation - $200.00
- Penalty for non-payment of annual fees by a professional corporation - $200.00
The College office will formally notify CDSPI, so that members may obtain malpractice insurance for their professional corporation. It is advised that you seek the assistance of your lawyer or accountant when completing the forms and establishing your corporation.
All members are advised to review the Bylaws which outline the legislation effecting dentists who wish to incorporate.
For more information on incorporation in Saskatchewan:
Please click the link below to download the required form:
Incorporation Schedule II Application
(Acrobat Reader required)